Gimlionline.ca Community Manager
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join us in developing an online community for Gimli & surrounding areas.
The goal of Gimli Online is to provide small local businesses with a platform to advertise their products and services FREE of charge; to provide businesses and organizations a platform to share news, views, events and even positions they have available. Gimli online also has a reviews section designed to help consumers find the business that’s right for them!
The following are a list of tasks associated with the role;
- Researching & creating up to date listings for local businesses.
- Soliciting listings from local businesses through email, social media, phone etc…..
- Monitoring and approving listings, reviews, events & jobs posted by local businesses.
- Promoting new listings on social media
- Creating e-commerce landing pages for businesses
- Updating listings and info as required by local businesses
What skills and attributes are required?
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- A desire to help the Gimli business community thrive
- Attention to detail
- Experience promoting products and or services on social media
- Comfortable working with platforms like; Gmail, WordPress, Mail Chimp
What we’ll provide you;
- Industry leading digital marketing training
- Access to a full range of digital marketing solutions you can sell to local businesses including;
- Website Design & Development,
- SEO ( Search Engine Optimization),
- Social Media Management,
- Google Ad Campaigns,
- Online Display Advertising,
- Social Media Advertising Campaigns,
- Email Marketing campaigns,
- Video Creation,
- Blog Creation
10 to 15 hrs per week.
Type of role – Commission/Contractor
This position is perfect for someone who is new to digital marketing and wants to learn the ropes in a hands on application or for someone who is transitioning careers and wants to explore the field of digital marketing as an option.